Saturday, August 22, 2009

False alarm - 38 weeks 1 day

I woke up at 7 am, having contractions. I started to time them and of course they came 3-5 min apart for a full hour, which I timed via Contraction Master . I got my stuff together, dropped the girls off to head to the hospital to make sure. I get there, still having contractions, nothing too bad, the check me and I am 1-2 cm dilated. They hook me up to the monitors and I have to now sit for an hour. I watched TV tossed and turned in the uncomfortable bed, the hour went past pretty quick with the TV on, and the nurse came back and checked me, still the same 1-2 cm dilated, but contracting. She called OB and he said to send me home and only to come back if they got more intense. If it wouldn't have been a Saturday I bet money they would have kept me.
what is funny to me about this, I have had 3 births, 2 of which were natural started labors, and only 1 was an induction, and both of the natural labors, and my 4th delivery I get sent home with a false alarm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment